Wendy Pfremmer, of Preston, Minn., stood by her brand new ($900) Green Mountain Grill Ledge Prime she won in a recent contest.
On September 30, 2022, Visit Bluff Country Magazine conducted the fifth Best of the Best prize giveaway drawing of the tourism season, which was a brand new Green Mountain Grill. As the magazine celebrates 37 years as the premier tourism publication of Historic Bluff Country (a.k.a. The Driftless Area), they have conducted prize giveaways each month from April through October. Prizes have included kayaks, a Grizzly cooler, and a Green Mountain Grill.
Jackie Steberg, of Zumbrota, Minn., won a brand new Grizzly Cooler 40 from the August 31, 2022 drawing.
Alyssa Ritter, of Decorah, Iowa, won a brand new kayak from the July 31, 2022 drawing.
Jami Schwickerath, of Lime Springs, Iowa, won a brand new kayak from the June 30, 2022 drawing.
Audrey Staggemeyer, of Caledonia, Minn., won a brand new kayak from the May 31, 2022 drawing.
Thanks to all of the participants of this annual contest. The results of the Best of the Best Contest will be published in the 2023-2024 Visit Bluff Country Magazine, which will debut in April of 2023.
The Visit Bluff Country Magazine publishes 50,000 copies that are delivered to more than 1,000 locations in 35 counties in Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. This magazine has a mission of promoting tourism in the Historic Bluff Country (Driftless) region.
For information on upcoming town festival and events in Historic Bluff Country, vacation ideas for lodging, recreation, dining and shopping, check out the magazine in print or online at www.visitbluffcountry.com.
Over the summer months, Visit Bluff Country Magazine gave away over $3,500 in gift cards and prizes with four different contests to help promote tourism Bluff Country.
The Visit Bluff Country Magazine Golf Tour Guide offered an opportunity for participants to win $25 gift cards a contest on the Visit Bluff Country Facebook Page.
Golf Tour Guide gift card winners:
- Michael Clobes of Lewiston, MN… Chosen Valley Golf Course
- Randy Swestka of Cresco, IA… Old Barn Resort & Rivers Bend Golf Course
- Heather Marg of Houston, MN… Preston Golf Course
- Amber Uhlenhake of Stewartville, MN… Harmony Golf Course
The Brewery, Distillery & Winery Contest was featured on the Visit Bluff Country Magazine Facebook page. This contest included a weekly $25 gift card giveaway for 13 consecutive weeks.
Brewery, Distillery & Winery gift card winners:
- Ashley Ann Bucheit of Decorah, IA… RockFilter Distillery
- David Hackman of Onalaska, WI… Trout City Brewing
- Allison Holen of Ostego, MN… Sylvan Brewing
- Cathy Severson of Grand Meadow, MN… Sugar Creek Vineyard & Meadery
- Sandra Leonard of Lake City, MN… Reads Landing Brewing Co.
- Erin Swenson of St. Charles, MN… Karst Brewery
- Morgan Henry of Owatonna, MN… Four Daughters Winery & Vineyard
- Amy Trygstad Flickinger of Kasson, MN… Harmony Spirits
- Annette Evenson of Harmony, MN… Eagles Landing Winery
- Andy Wojciechowski of Winona, MN… Empty Nest Winery
- Tara Wieczorek of Winona, MN… Winneshiek Wildberry Winery
- Ashley Hansen of Plainview, MN… Hoppy Girl Brewing
- Annette Mueller of Rochester, MN… Frisky Fox Vineyard
Visit Bluff Country Magazine also gave away $100 in gift cards every week for 10 weeks with the Choose Your Adventure Contest, for a total of $1,000 in gift cards given away as prizes.
Choose Your Adventure gift card winners:
- Jenny St. Mary of Spring Grove, MN… $100 at Rushford/Peterson businesses
- Diane Marzolf of Preston, MN… $100 at Prairie du Chien/Marquette/McGregor businesses
- Renee Majerus of St. Charles, MN… $100 at Preston businesses
- Marie Christopherson in Spring Valley, MN… $100 at Harmony businesses
- Janice M. Murphy of Austin, MN… $100 at Spring Valley businesses
- Anastasia Rocksvold of Decorah, IA… $100 at Chatfield businesses
- Dale Baker of Rochester, MN… $100 at Caledonia businesses
- Rhonda Fitzgerald of Amery, WI… $100 at Lanesboro businesses
- Shianne Bellinger of Denver, IA… $100 at Decorah businesses
- Jen Oberle of Byron, MN… $100 at Waukon businesses
The team at Visit Bluff Country Magazine has plans for even more prize giveaways in 2023.